My Personal Experiences...

From early morning barn chores to competing at international events, the world of horses has been my greatest passion. But the journey isn’t always as glamorous as it seems. In this post, I’ll share some of the highs and lows that have shaped me as both a rider and trainer.

There have been many significant moments over the past seven years that remain vivid in my mind throughout my experience. I will always remember the 13-year-old girl who was dragged to the stables by her mum, with my only interests being beauty and school friendships. Reflecting on my upbringing, I am grateful for the exposure this sport has brought me—the discipline, resilience, and confidence I have gained along the way.

One of my most vivid memories is competing at the Blair International Horse Trials in 2023 and 2024. I had always dreamt of competing alongside high-level riders and Olympians, and even placing in classes at such a prestigious event was a dream come true. It was definitely a tick off my bucket list.

Although my main discipline is Eventing, which brings me the most joy, I have also achieved significant success in the Showing sector, earning more than a few red ribbons along the way.

There have been some vivid accidents that have impacted me deeply in recent years. A couple of these include a collarbone injury and a few concussions. However, the emotional recovery has been the most challenging. Confidence setbacks have discouraged me from regular training sessions when nobody is around to supervise and with the distractions of my university studies, I’ve experienced periods where a lack of motivation and a busy lifestyle have deterred me from advancing my riding and maintaining a strong partnership with my horse.

Looking back, every challenge I’ve faced has only made me stronger. As I continue my journey in the equestrian industry, I’m excited to share more stories and connect with others who share this passion. 

What’s been the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your riding career?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Horse Behaviour...

The Bond between a Horse and Rider...